Our foundation, values and framework
Our FoundationKids and Media is based on the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child which underpins children’s rights to use the media and their right to protection from information that can be damaging.
Our ValuesWe shall be:
Framework for Kids and Media’s adviceKids and Media will give qualified advice about children’s use of media. Our work is based on the following considerations in the development of our advice to parents and professionals who work with children and young people:
- Reliable and believable
- In some cases, we choose to make use of advice from other relevant and reliable partners. We will make our sources transparent.
- Concrete rather than general
- Updated and contemporary
- Advice we give will be updated in terms of technology, culture and ethics.
- Nuanced and varied when this is appropriate
- It can be relevant to make apparent different advice for different age groups.
- People-orientated rather than technically orientated.
- Our advice should be easy to understand for the everyday user. Understanding our advice should not require great technical ability.